Monday, January 14, 2008

Daisy's Garden Blog

I've been wanting to start a blog for sometime and thought today was as good a time as any.
Let me introduce you to Molly. She is my closest friend. Her favorite thing is bellyrubs and naps in my lap during the day. She goes everywhere with us. When our daughter got married, she even walked her down the aisle! If you keep up with me, you will get to know and love Molly as much as I do. She just turned 6 and shares the house with 2 cats- Graham (about 8 yrs old) and Rosie (11 yrs old) both of whom are bigger than she is.
The things that keep me busy here are my quilting, reading and cooking. My 3 favorite things. I will be posting more about all of that in the future as well. I am in the middle of working on new recipes. I cook for 3 of us- all with different needs. I am in a position of relearning and rewriting most of my recipes to fit those needs. I will share some of those here. I hope to get my website up and running better so that I can do that as well.
I have 3 goals. I want to share the books that I read and tell others about them. I want to share my quilting and what I am doing and I want to share my journey in cooking. I am hoping to write a cookbook soon. Whether it will be published or whether I just put it together for a few friends will remain to be seen.
But I hope that anyone who reads this and wishes to comment or ask questions- will. I will do my best to answer.
Tonight I still have to finish my lesson at Quilt University- I am taking an Electric Quilt (EQ6) class on drawing quilt blocks. (Building Blocks). Must do my homework! This way I can turn around and teach what I know in the spring.
goodnight
Cheryl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CHERYL, THIS IS A GREAT BLOG, AND I WISH YOU THE BEST. I ALREADY LOVE MOLLY, AND WE WILL TALK SOON. THE COOK BOOK SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA... PEGI.

Anita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anita said...

I'm going to get this right sooner rather than later. Good start on your blog . . . look out it is addicting.
Anita