Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cabin Time


I spent the last week at my brother's cabin with my folks and their 2 cats. It was truly wonderful. I didn't get as much done as I had anticipated, on the other hand I did get most of 2 rows of my Dear Jane quilt cut out. I did take books to read and my knitting to do as well... but I think I got 5 pages read and maybe 2 rows knitted!
My Dad wants to be on the go, so we compromised with him and said that we would go out for coffee or lunch every other day. That was ok. The weather was sunny and cold. High about 38 and low about 24 most of the time. I chose to sleep in the loft - the ladder/stairs I am not used too and it took a couple of sore days to get used too!
The best part of the week were the eagles. At any time we saw from 1 to 3 of them. They would arrive at about breakfast and stay until about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Sometimes just sitting on a branch of the tree or a rock across the river. On Wed though, they were playing! They were playing "king of the hill". There were 3 of them and one was on the rock and the 2nd would come in and knock the first one off and then the 3rd would come in and knock him off and then it would repeat! It was funny to watch. This went on for some time before the game ended. Then one of the eagles just sat there for a long time. This was a real treat to watch.
I came home with new ideas and while I was sick all week, I did come home refreshed in many ways. I have many things to do and many ideas.
I think this week I will get things ready to sew a scrappy bargello with the online group at Quiltville.com. I also have a baby quilt that needs to be done and several other things that need attending too. Time to get back into the saddle and start quilting!!
Talk at you later,
Cheryl

No comments: