Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Musings and New Recipe

Many things are going on. Hubby & I celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary yesterday. We met on the first day of high school 36 years ago. We celebrated by going window shopping at South Center & IKEA on Sunday. Wasn't sure the weather would be nice, so we opted for something indoors. Also discovered one of our favorite restaurants had relocated up there- Zoopa's- so that's where we had dinner. Came home tired of walking and tired of traffic!

Seems like this is the time of year for moving. I have two friends that are cleaning and packing and selling their homes. My parents are also packing and getting ready to move as well. However, instead of moving far away- they will be moving closer. But it's still an ordeal to sort and pack all that stuff.

The quilting is coming along. I am halfway finished with the 4th bargello. I also did a cute little baby quilt with spaceships and aliens on it for a friend of mine who just became a Grandpa for the first time. I am also working on some lace. Not really happy with it yet. After the bargellos are done and my parents are moved, then mom and I are going to work together on a Hidden 9 Patch that will be king size and done in red, white and black. The fabrics we've chosen have a oriental feel to them.

I went out to lunch a couple of weeks ago and had crab cakes. While they were good- they were loaded with fat and I didn't feel well after eating them. So I came home and thought about the recipe. Here is my take on a healthier version:

toast a 1/2 English muffin, then add a slice of tomato, an 1/8 of an avocado that has be sliced in 1/2, then some imitation crab, a sprinkle of chopped green onions and some finely grated cheddar cheese. Pop under the broiler until the cheese melts. Serve. We use the imitation crab since most of my family is allergic to shellfish. But this is really good. I've been having it for lunch. It has also passed the family taste test.

Time to get to work.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Anita said...

I'm not a crab fan, but your version of the sandwich sounds good. I'm getting together some more stuff for your Mom's group if you can send me her phone number I'll give her a call.
Anita