Tuesday, August 19, 2008

August Chit Chat

I've been keeping an eye on Hurricane/Tropical Storm Fay the last couple of days to see where it was headed. My sister lives in St Petersburg Fl. Heard from her last night with her possible evacuation plans for today if need be. But I had email first thing this morning that all was fine, Fay had come ashore south of them, so they will have a relatively quiet day.
Sunday we met my parents and brother & sister in law at the rental house in Manchester for a walk through. We are moving my parents in there in about another month from their mobile home. So there is lots of sorting & packing to do. I will be setting up some time so that I will be helping with all of that in the next few weeks as well. This is a lot of work and at times seems overwhelming for them, but in the long run I think they will enjoy living there. It's a nice house, great yard and even has a small view of the water & Seattle.
Our Granddaughter is also very excited as she starts Kindergarten next Monday. This week she gets to go and meet her new teacher. I got a copy of her school supply list and we got everything she needed and sent it off to her. I wanted to make it special, so I embroidered an artist's palette on her paint shirt and embroidered a patch to go on her backpack. I wanted her to be able to look at it an know quickly that it was hers. That was fun to do. I also added some stickers so that she could decorate her pencil box and of course, I had to put coins in her coin purse. She is a fiend for books like the rest of the family, so in went a new book as well. It was a silly book about chasing bears. She will do well in school.
I have much to do today. Appt with the nutritionist this morning and sewing and baking this afternoon.
Have a good one,
Cheryl

No comments: