Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Catching Up

Finally time for a quick breath! I finally finished the apron wall hanging that I was working on, and I finished the 2nd bargello since Feb and got it off to be quilted today. I will have both bargello's back by mid May to finish up and get off to my customer. Now on to the last 2 quilts that I need to get finished. One is a lighthouse quilt that I designed for my dad - about a year ago. My goal is to finish it by July 1- his birthday. Then I also have my " Beyond Color Purple" that I really want to have finished by Sept.
Now that baseball season is upon us, I am spending more time on my handpiecing as well. I am working on my Grandmother's Flower Garden that I started quite a few years ago. Maybe I will even get the top finished this year?? I hope!! The end is in sight! I have 2 more light green blocks to go and then a round of dark green blocks. We won't discuss how long hand quilting might take!!
I did find a great new recipe that we like. I just need to refine the technique for it. Take flank steak, pound it out thin, then add a layer of fresh spinach, provolone cheese and some italian seasoning & salt. Roll up- jelly roll style. Then add more seasoning. Slice into portions and bake/broil until done. Now mine fell apart. So the next time I may use a toothpick to hold it together or I may cook the whole thing and not slice it until after it's cooked... still playing with the recipe a bit. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
The weather reports state that we are due for more snow possibly tomorrow and Fri. I hope not. I am SOO ready for warmer weather!!
Talk to you soon!! Keep warm,
Cheryl

1 comment:

Anita said...

Hi Cheryl,
Well, I gave up and started sewing strips together to make my 4 patches for the Orange Crush. I don't know how long it will take me, but at least I am started. Talk to you soon.
Anita